Chairman and CEO, Borse Dubai and Dubai Financial Market
Essa Kazim is the Chairman and CEO of Borse Dubai and Dubai Financial Market. Essa Kazim began his career as Senior Analyst in the Research and Statistics Department of the UAE Central Bank in 1988 and then moved to Dubai Department of Economic Development as Director of Planning and Development in 1993. He was then appointed Director General of the DFM in 1999.
He holds a Master degree in Economics from the University of Iowa and a Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Economics and Computer Science from Coe College, USA.
In 1998, he also achieved a Masters degree in Total Quality Management from the University of Wollongong in the UAE.
Board Membership and Affiliations:
- Member of the DIFC Authority Board
- Board Member of the DIFX
- Coordinator General of the Dubai Quality Award
- Chairman of Dubai Statistics Centre
- Member of the Dubai Council for Economic Affairs
- Member of the UAE Economy and Trade Committee
- Board Member of Noor Islamic Bank
- Board Member of General Pension & Social Security Authority.